2023 Seafair Blue Angels Viewing in Bellevue
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels are back in town doing air show practices and performances from Friday, August 4, through Sunday, August 6, 2023.
More Bellevue.com Guides
Simply head to the nearest window and look out and up! If you're already outside, then just look up! Other notable Blue Angels viewing spots include:
- Chism Beach Park
- Medina Beach Park
- Enatai Beach Park
- Chesterfield Beach Park
- Meydenbauer Bay Park
- Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi (31st floor of Lincoln Square South in downtown Bellevue)
- Daniel's Broiler (21st floor of BofA building in downtown Bellevue)
Want to get right in the middle of the action? You can rent paddleboards, canoes and kayaks from the boathouse at Enatai Beach and Meydenbauer Bay and head out to Lake Washington and be right in the action!
Blue Angels Performance
- Friday, August 4: 3:30 - 4:30pm (Seafair airshow)
- Saturday, August 5: 3:30 - 4:30pm (Seafair airshow)
- Sunday, August 6: 3:30 - 4:30pm (Seafair airshow)
Can't make the actual show? Practice flights occur Thursday, August 3, at the following times:
- 11am–noon: #1–4 practice flight
- Noon–1pm: #5–6 practice flight
- 2:20–3:20pm: #1–4 practice flight
- 3:20–3:30pm: Fat Albert practice flight (U.S. Navy C-130J Hercules)
|Photos © David Conger, Tim Durkan, Brendan Ramsey, Chance Merchant|
Since 2022, a new flight path allows the Blue Angels to soar over the Bellevue/Seattle area during the Seafair Air Show without closing the Interstate 90 floating bridge. In the past, the Washington State Department of Transportation has been required to close the bridge by the Federal Aviation Administration to keep the public safe and minimize distractions. This year's flight path eliminates the need for a closure.
The SR 520 bridge will remain open to vehicle traffic and tolls will be collected.
Updated: July 30, 2023