Blue Angels Viewing in Bellevue and I-90 Bridge Closures
Seafair season is here and that means the U.S. Navy Blue Angels are back in town doing air show practices and performances from Thursday, August 2, through Sunday, August 5.
More Bellevue.com Guides
- Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi (31st floor of Lincoln Square South in downtown Bellevue)
- Daniel's Broiler (21st floor of BofA building in downtown Bellevue)
- Chism Beach Park
- Medina Beach Park
I-90 Bridge Closures
The FAA requires closures of I-90 bridge across Lake Washington while the Blue Angels perform practices and actual performances for the safety of both Blue Angels pilots and drivers below.
I-90 bridge will be closed to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, eastbound and westbound, mainline and express lanes, between Interstate 5 in Seattle to Island Crest Way on Mercer Island:
- Thursday, August 2: 9:45am - 12:15pm & 1 - 2:45pm (Practices)
- Friday, August 3: 12:55 - 2:45pm (Seafair airshow)
- Saturday, August 4: 12:55 - 2:45pm (Seafair airshow)
- Sunday, August 5: 12:55 - 2:45pm (Seafair airshow)
|Photos © David Conger, Tim Durkan, Brendan Ramsey|
* The I-90 express lanes will close approximately one hour prior to the times above. The I-90 bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times. Drivers wishing to cross Lake Washington using I-90 should drive across the lake at least an hour before the announced closure times.
*I-90 east of Mercer Island will NOT be closed during the performance, although drivers should note that heavy congestion during these closures often restricts access to the exits.
The SR 520 bridge will remain open to vehicle traffic and tolls will be collected. Drivers crossing SR 520 should expect heavy traffic, significant delays and plan for additional time to cross the lake.
For more information and details on I-90 Bridge Closures, visit WSDOT.