It's official: Tolling on SR 520 bridge starts December 29!
The countdown is on for drivers who use SR520. Starting December 29 at 5am, drivers will pay an electronic toll to cross the 520 bridge and the Washington State Department of Transportation is urging travelers to get ready by setting up a Good To Go! account.
To prepare for the anticipated high volumes of customers registering and activating accounts this month, WSDOT has extended call center hours and hired extra customer service staff. Customers can purchase the popular sticker passes at Costco, Safeway, Fred Meyer and QFC and activate them online.
Passes will not work unless they are registered on an active account. Drivers should also check their accounts for up-to-date credit card and license plate information.
How to get ready:
- Get your pass, install and activate it before tolling starts
- Make sure all account information is up to date, including credit card or bank information
- Make sure license plate(s) are correctly listed on your account
Where to get a pass and open an account:
- Buy any of the five pass options online at www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo
- Purchase the popular $5 sticker pass at participating stores: Costco, Safeway, Fred Meyer and QFC. Visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo/retail for a list of retail locations
- Visit a full service customer service center or a mobile customer service station. Find locations and hours online at http://wsdot.wa.gov/GoodToGo/contacts.htm
For more information and details, visit WSDOT
Published: December 7, 2011
Photo © WSDOT