Hidden gems of Bellevue: local coffee shops
By Yekta Aarabi | Photos by G. Tomas Corsini Sr.
All this cold and rain outside makes me want to get away to a place where I can find myself sitting down for a few hours and not only enjoying my great cup of coffee but also catching up on a few emails.
My favorite getaway places happen to be local coffee shops and in downtown Bellevue! Each one different in their own way, offering you a place to relax and enjoy your drink of choice, whether it's a special coffee, a spiked drink, or a healing homemade tea. Check out these hidden (and unique) gems and see for yourself why I found them to be that special getaway this winter.
Café Cesura is a place where you can relax and enjoy their coffee, surf on your laptop/tablet or meet a friend. Walking into the café you can't help but to feel like you're sitting in a loft, in New York City. The art on display matches the café perfectly; the furniture can only be described as less meets more.
As you wait in line for your favorite cup of heaven, make sure to check out the art on the walls. If you're a local artist interested in having your art pieces hang at Café Cesura, then make sure to come in and talk to Shawn.
Go for the coffee stay for the vibes!
- Parking - located on 108th Ave NE (b/t NE 10th St & NE 11th St) and in the Ashton garage with spaces marked as "Retail Only".
- Wi-Fi - Yes! It's super fast and free.
- Try this: The secret drink only known to a few: Maple Death--as descriptive as it can get: espresso and loads of maple!
- Don't forget to order their world famous breakfast sandwich while they're available in the mornings.
Café Cesura -- 1015 108th Ave NE | 425-633-2362
Monday - Friday 6am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am to 7pm
The perfect spot to escape the hustle and bustle of the outside world, this is the escape you need and will come back to more and more. There's more to coffee in this quaint and peaceful spot where you can finish that last chapter in your book. There're bubble tea and specialty made teas that will heal your cold and dry throat when you feel a little sick from the cold weather.
The best part of T'latte are their macaroons; an amazing delight to have a treat with your drink, sitting in the comfortable chairs enjoying your book or writing a letter to your significant other.
- Parking - park on 103rd Ave NE and don't let the nearby construction on the street stop you from going into this whimsical hidden gem. Park around the corner on Main Street or at Bellevue Downtown Park and stroll over to T'latte.
- Wi-Fi - Yes!
- Try their honey and lemon mixed tea that's been known to be a potion that has healing powers!
T'Latte -- 37 103rd Ave NE | 425-709-6868
Monday - Friday 7am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 6pm, Sunday 8:30am to 6pm
Vovito comes from the Italian word Vito, which means alive.
When you walk into Vovito the first thing you'll notice is the low lighting that gives this café an Italian feel. Along with the coffee and tea that you can order at the counter there're also gelato, sorbetto, beer and wine. That's right, they serve alcohol and can make a mean drink for you, just talk to Matt the coffee master who knows his drinks and coffee.
Vovito carries organic products and milks as well as RBST free gelato and sorbetto that are made fresh in-house. There're also hemp, soy and almond milk, sugar-free syrups, and fresh squeezed orange juice all day.
What you'll find on the walls are paintings from local artists, a different series each month. If you're interested in featuring your art, walk in and talk to Ariff or Shairose.
- Parking - located at the Bravern. Free parking with validation.
- Wi-Fi - Yes and free!
- Try their gelato mixed drinks, even this time of season!
Vovito -- 700 110th Ave NE (The Bravern) | 425-502-7522
Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 8pm, Friday 7:30am to 9pm, Saturday 9am to 9pm, Sunday 9am to 7pm
See more Bellevue's local coffee shops.
Published November 28, 2014
Photos by G. Tomas Corsini Sr.