Bellevue Beat | New Bellevue segment of Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail opens in Factoria
Bellevue.com. Photos courtesy of City of Bellevue.
A new segment of the regional Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail recently opened in the Bellevue's Factoria neighborhood, where T-Mobile is headquartered. The nearly one mile-long segment from Interstate 405 to the 132nd Avenue SE provides a tunnel crossing under the I-405 to eastbound Interstate 90 ramps and a 12-foot pedestrian/bicycle bridge over busy Factoria Boulevard SE to ensure bicycle and pedestrian safety.
The new Factoria segment is the first step to fill the 3.6-mile "Eastgate Gap" in the regional trail, which runs along the Interstate 90 corridor from Bellevue's westside to Issaquah. Following are some options for accessing the new Factoria segment of the trail:
- Coming from the east, pedestrians can access at the new trail section at the traffic signal at SE 36th and 132nd Ave SE.
- From the south, the segment is accessed via the I-405 Trail or from the traffic signal at SE 36th St and Factoria Blvd.
- From the west, it's accessed from the already existing I-90/Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail.
Sections of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail in Bellevue include: [view map]
- Interstate 405 to 132nd Avenue Southeast: Completed March 2021!
- 132nd Avenue SE to 142nd Place Southeast: This section will include a 12-foot-wide paved pedestrian and bicycle path on the north side of SE 36th Street, walls, traffic signal modifications, new lighting and new pavement.
- 142nd Place Southeast to 150th Ave SE: This section will include a 12-foot-wide paved pedestrian and bicycle path on the north side of SE 36th Street. It will include walls, a new mid-block crosswalk at 146 Ave SE, new lighting and new pavement.
- 156th Avenue SE to SE Lakemont Boulevard: Section will include a new 12-foot-wide pedestrian and bicycle trail, along the south side of I-90, north of SE 36th Street.
Super excited to check out the new Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail segment that recently opened in Factoria Bellevue, home of @TMobile HQ.— Bellevue.com (@BellevueDotCom) April 12, 2021
????https://t.co/kO4bpjpbVv#bvue #bellevuespotting #factoria #optoutside #keepmoving #tmobile #runbellevue pic.twitter.com/m3lhRdhTy8
Lex Ball, who commutes 40 miles RT daily to his job in Eastgate, was the 1st biker across the bridge over Factoria Blvd, which opened today. It's part of the @bvuetrans Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail project. Ball’s reaction: “Thank you”! https://t.co/hJiv7FICei @mtsgreenway pic.twitter.com/naczDlKcQO— Bellevue Transpo (@BvueTrans) March 30, 2021
For more information, visit Eastgate Gap in Bellevue.
Published: April 10, 2021
Photos courtesy of City of Bellevue