Bellevue Beat | Meydenbauer Bay Park: Downtown's Connection to the Waterfront
After years of planning and two years of construction, Bellevue's newest waterfront park opens with a grand celebration featuring a ribbon cutting ceremony with city officials and dignitaries, fun activities and food for all ages.
More on Bellevue.com
The new waterfront park's features include:
- Beach house with restrooms/changing room
- People-powered vessel launch
- Rentals for kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards
- Open lawn and picnic area
- Play area
- Shoreline promenade
- Sandy swimming beach with a designated swimming area
- Pedestrian access from parking garage
- Curved pedestrian pier
Meydenbauer Bay is the birthplace of Bellevue and served as the connection point between the earliest settlers and Bellevue's west side (Seattle). Bellevueâ€™s first commercial district on Main Street was just up the hill, as was Bellevue's first major school building.
Published: March 16 2019