Bellevue Beat | Meydenbauer Bay Park: Downtown's Connection to the Waterfront
After years of planning and two years of construction, Bellevue's newest waterfront park opens with a grand celebration featuring a ribbon cutting ceremony with city officials and dignitaries, fun activities and food for all ages.
More on Bellevue.com
The new waterfront park's features include:
- Beach house with restrooms/changing room
- People-powered vessel launch
- Rentals for kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards
- Open lawn and picnic area
- Play area
- Shoreline promenade
- Sandy swimming beach with a designated swimming area
- Pedestrian access from parking garage
- Curved pedestrian pier
Meydenbauer Bay is the birthplace of Bellevue and served as the connection point between the earliest settlers and Bellevue's west side (Seattle). Bellevue’s first commercial district on Main Street was just up the hill, as was Bellevue's first major school building.
Published: March 16 2019